Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nuts for Nuts

Nuts don't always excite me. It's true. I'm not that nuts for nuts, but I was at a little girls gathering for snacks and pizza at my friend Karen's house and the subject of nuts came up. As you can imagine, a kitchen full of girls talking about nuts, there were a few imaginative comments, but these nuts kinda got my interest.

Everyone there that has had these nuts was going on and on on how delicious they are. Since I am not nuts for nuts, I was skeptical. Very skeptical, but like most things, I thought, I will give them a try.

Here is what I did:
In one bowl, whisk an egg white and 1 TBS of water.

In another bowl, mix 1 cup of sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp of salt.

I used 2 bags(1 1/2 cup bag) of pecan halves.

Pour both bags of pecans into the bowl of water and egg white mix. Stir until they are all well coated.

Pour the nuts into the bowl of sugar, cinnamon and salt and stir well until all of the nuts are coated.

Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and lightly wipe with a paper towel.

Dump the nuts onto the sheet. Spread out on the sheet.

Bake at 300 for 30 minutes, turning the nuts a few times through out baking time.

Done.

I stored them in a ziploc bag once they were entirely cool. Make sure they are cool or else you will get soggy nuts. Soggy nuts in any capacity is a bad thing.

So there you have it. Easy peasy, right?

Now this is where I thank Miss Wendy, Karen's sister. She is the mastermind behind these nuts. She has single handedly ruined my diet with these nuts, as they are one of the most delicious things I have had. Jasen loves them, the kids love them and this is the second time this weekend I have made them. Try them, you will be nuts for nuts too.

P.S. There is not picture of these nuts because they didn't last long enough to photograph them!

No comments:

Post a Comment