Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Get over it and get your flat breads.

I have never claimed that I make everything "home made".  Personally, I think if you took the time to throw it together and heat it up, that's home made enough for me, which is why I tend to enjoy that semi-home made show. I think that lady, I think her name is Sandra, has some really interesting and delicious ideas. Using things that you can buy already made and coupling them with fresh ingredients to make something great is right up my alley. It's a time saver and who doesn't like to save time?

This leads me to tonight's post. Let's just say that if I had time to make dough for pizza I would, but seriously, with two kids, a full time job and everything else that I pack into a day, forget the damn dough, I'll just buy it.  During one of my trips to the farmer's market, one of my favorite places to get produce, I came across flat breads. Not just any flat breads, no, these flat breads are covered in the most delicious olive oil and pesto garlic sauce you have ever tasted. This stuff is so delicious that it makes me want to lick the greasy bag it comes in. I really have to give a shout out to Parmesan's. It is a wonderful little Italian place here in Frankfort that makes tasty food and the tasty flat breads that I have come to love so much! Here I am with these tasty little flat breads and as delicious it would be just to eat the flat breads as they come, I decide, let's make these into what else? Pizzas!!!!

Seriously people, take a look at the lovely pesto
and tell me you don't want a bite.















I love a good pizza and not just your run of the mill pepperoni or cheese. I really do enjoy specialty pizza. Again, Parmesan's makes a wonderful pizza with chicken and garlic. Seriously, if you go there, order it. It is one of Jasen's all time favorite and for a die hard, I need sausage on my pizza kind of guy to love this chicken pizza, you know it has to be good. Since I have this love of specialty pizza, I decided that tonight I am going to make a flat bread pizza with tomato, basil and gorgonzola cheese, one of my all time favorite cheeses. This pizza is a spin off of one of my favorite sandwiches that I am sure will make it's way onto this blog sometime.

Here is what I did:
Bought the flat bread in all of it's garlicy glory. Put it on a cookie sheet, not greased.

Sliced up two tomatoes and put them on the flat bread.

Lightly sprinkled tomatoes and flat bread with a light dusting of garlic powder. NEVER  garlic salt.

Put on the gorgonzola all over, the more the better in my opinion.

Sprinkle with dried basil, a good amount. You want to be able to taste the flavor of the basil mixing with everything else. Personally, if you can get your hands on some fresh basil, cut it up into little shreds, I like to use kitchen shears to do this, and use it instead of the dried. You will be amazed how much better the fresh stuff really is.

Turn your oven onto broil/hi.

Put the pizza in until the cheese is melty and browning.

My two best men enjoying
a slice of my flat bread pizza.

Take it out and let it sit for a few minutes, cut and enjoy.

Can it get any easier? Doubtful. Maybe if we all had personal chefs to do it, then it would be easier, but get real people, we are never going to have personal chefs. Get over it and get your flat breads.

P. S. Parmesan's, you owe me for the shout outs, but I really do love your flat breads.

Come to mama.

3 comments:

  1. Let me tell ya something people...I've had several different versions of the pizza and all of them are homeruns! What's good about them, is they can satisfied the family as a dinner, but you can also cut them up into smaller squares as a nice appatizer for parties. I hope everyones enjoys reading these blogs and trying these recipe's because I'm speaking from experience...u won't be disappointed.

    Jasen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these Dana! With your witty charm and amazing way to cook, you are on to something! Keep up the good work!!!
    Jen T

    ReplyDelete
  3. That look s amazing!!!!! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete