Monday, February 20, 2012

Waffle Fries as the Dipping Device? You have to be Kidding!

The Superbowl has come and gone. I was happy to see that Tom Brady, all by himself, did not win the Superbowl. I can not stand that smarmy face and just to see him lose at something made me feel good and tingly inside. I know, what a bitch. Oh well, that's what I am and apparently his wife is too. Ok, enough about that, let's get to what is most important on Superbowl Sunday.

You got it, the schnacks! Oh how I love a good schnack. I could live on them as meals. Yes, cream cheese is a household staple over here. I use the 1/3 less fat. It makes me feel slightly, slightly less guilty about the dips made over here. I am not alone in this love. My true love, Jasen, also loves a good schnack. Maybe that's why we go together so well. We LOVE to eat. It's on the verge of being a sickness. Over eaters anonymous, hi, my name is Dana and this is Jasen. Hello Dana and Jasen.

I am always looking for a great new schnack. Something a little different. Something fun. As I was on Pinterest, I was browsing around, (insert the sound of tires screeching to a hault here), waaaaaiiiit!!! What is that?! Loaded baked potato dip! And you use whhhhaaat to dip in it?? This can't be real! Waffle fries as the dipping device. You have to be kidding me!!

Yes people, this one is a keeper. It is really good. It made Tom Brady's loss even better. Do I even need to say it again, waffle fries as the dipping device!!

Loaded Baked Potato Dip
3 TBS of REAL bacon bits, not those crappy fake ones
16oz sour cream, I used the light. I always use the light.
2 cups of finely shredded cheddar
1/3 cup of chives
2 tsp of hot sauce
Garnish with bacon bits and some chives and a little cracked pepper on top.
A bag of waffle fries, I suggest two bags, made to the directions on the bag.

Stir together the bacon, sour cream, cheddar, chives and the hot sauce. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
Garnish with the chives, bacon and cracked pepper.

Serve with waffle fries out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment